Monday, June 23, 2014

Win tickets to The Capital pop up city

Wellington is a very fun place to visit for a couple of days or even less, as I discovered a couple of weeks ago. I’ve written up a sort of Top 20 of Wellington dishes here for the Metro Eats blog, and the good news is that for those unable to fly due to parenting responsibilities/MH370-based anxiety/don’t-know-where-the-airport-is, this week Wellington is coming to you.
Yes, he says, attempting to seamlessly cut and paste the official details into his own blog to cut down on typing time, on Thursday 26th June, The Capital will pop up in Silo 6 on Auckland’s waterfront, showcasing the very best culinary delights from some of Wellington’s most iconic establishments, through to its latest and greatest. Guests will be invited to spend a night indulging in craft beer, bespoke cocktails, and mouth-watering bites from Logan Brown, Hawthorn Lounge, the Bresolin brothers, and more. And you could be there! 

It was the italics, wasn’t it. I must remember to remove the italics.

Oh yes, so, the ticket giveaways. I’ve been getting a lot of spam comments recently, written by autobots in pigeon English, telling me they like to thank me so much for my blog and would I like to take safari in Dubai? Well let’s show them that real people can write comments too. Tell me your favourite place to eat in Wellington, past or present, in the comments below before noon on Tuesday 23 June and I’ll put you into the draw for one of four double passes for the 5.30pm session on Thursday. And keep an eye on those comments, because that’s where I’ll announce winners on Tuesday night.

Good luck! Have fun! And if Logan Brown chef Shaun Clouston invites you to have a beer with him while you're there, cancel your plans for the following morning.